Friday 3 May 2013

Inhale the Aroma, don't burn your lips!



 

Craig Bailey, inventor and President of FoamAroma® 
Picture: Federica Tedeschi


FoamAroma® is the special lid that has completely changed the coffee experience on the go both in the USA and in London.

“In October 2007 I had my first Italian style cappuccino in Washington. It changed my life. The next day I had one to go and it was not the same experience. I did not get the aroma and could not figure out way, so after some investigations, I started making a hole in the center of my lid to create a vent hole and enjoy my cappuccino,” said American Craig Bailey, the inventor of FoamAroma®.

However, this first solution was not enough for Mr Bailey, who wanted to radically change the way people drink coffee on the go.

“Meanwhile I talked to friends and they had the same problem, as they could not savor the aroma of their take away coffee. FoamAroma® was the solution!

“In 2009 I decided to start designing it and in 2011 we were in production,” Craig Bailey added.

FoamAroma®’ s unique triangular flow hole makes the experience much more natural, as if drinking on the go from a porcelain cup, while the air vent in the center of the lid helps to cool the drink and avoid the ingestion of hot liquids.

This invention is also environment friendly. In fact, it is made with less weight of plastic than common lids and, as this was not enough, its flexible plastic resists cracking and therefore can be reused.

The special American lid is currently distributed in London by Progressive Supplies and it only costs nearly 1 pence more than an average lid, to retailers.

“I met Craig at the Coffee Fest in 2011 and immediately liked his invention. FoamAroma® really changes the coffee on the go experience on many levels. It also has a lip rest area to prevent lips from burning.

“I decided to import and distribute the special lid in London straight away and so far there are several delicatessens that provide customers with FoamAroma® lids, to turn their take away coffee into a special one. You will find them in Coco Maya, Raoul’s and Landmark Hotel, just to mention a few,” Tom Bell, Progressive Supplies Manager, said.

We are all familiar with the common lids but we do not have to put up with them. We can choose Foamaroma®. Coffee lovers are already endorsing it !”, Mr Bell added.

No comments:

Post a Comment