Saturday 31 March 2012

London Ambassadors go to Wembley Stadium

Nearly 3,000 London Ambassadors have gathered at Wembley Stadium today to watch the rugby match between Saracens vs Harlequins.

The Big Team of Ambassadors got together for the first time ahead of the Olympics and enjoyed the biggest game of the English rugby union season.

A Team LA (London Ambassadors) mobile pod was parked outside the stadium from 11.30am to give Co-Ambassadors the chance to know each other.

London Ambassadors are people from all walks of life who will be acting as the face of the capital during the Olympic and Paralympic Games, providing visitors with all the information and support they need.

The Ambassadors, who will be located in 43 different areas of the capital, are characterised by different cultures, ages and professions but there is one thing they all have in common: a love for London.

Mei Suen is a business administrator who moved to London very young. She is quite enthusiastic about this once in a lifetime experience and said:
“I love London, so, being a London Ambassador means I can share that love with everyone. I grew up in the capital and I know this city really well. I am so excited about this experience and I am very proud to have the great opportunity to be the face of London”.

Many Ambassadors will be coming from all over the UK and even further in order to volunteer.

Bridget Jones, who works in marketing, will be travelling from Berkshire to London.
“Being a London Ambassador is my way to be part of the Olympics. I do not want to be sat at my desk for two weeks and let this big event pass me by. I am very excited and also glad we received both the free theatre ticket and the rugby match one. Cannot wait for July to come,” she said.

There will also be countless students volunteering to be the face of London during the Games.

Kevin Lamaro is a computer science student and also a writer from Kingston, in South West London.
“I love London, as it is so vibrant and full of energy. So many visitors from all over the world will be coming during the Games and I had applied to be an Ambassador in order to directly  experience the Olympic energy and being part of the most fantastic event ever,” he said.

The 3,000 London Ambassadors who have attended the Saracens vs Harlequins match today were just part of a bigger crowd of 83,761, a world record for a club rugby match.

However, most Ambassadors were disappointed with the fact that Mr Boris Johnson could not take part in the event as scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment