Sunday 20 June 2010

Recycling award in Redbridge Council

The Waste and Recycling advisor for Redbridge Council was shortlisted for the title of Local Authority Recycling Champion in the Letsrecyle.com Awards for Excellence on May 5.

Habiba Ahmed, who is now one of the top three people in the Country, started her adventure into recycling two years ago.
“I used to run the administration for Enterprise MRS when, thanks to my managerial skills, I was proposed to cover the Recycling Advisor position for Redbridge Council, which I have welcomed since the very first moment,” she said.

Ms Ahmed can speak several Asian languages and the African Swahili and as there are many Asian people in Redbridge, some of which do not speak English, she is the right person to increase their awarness about recycling and environmental issues.

Habiba is in charge of many recycling initiatives around the boroughs and she does monitor the related areas, especially on weekends.

“I have received several formal trainings since when I have started this adventure and now this job is my passion. When I notice that a family is clearly struggling to use recycling bins, I knock on the door and give them training.
“It is immensely satisfying to help people making the world better,” Ms Ahmed said.

No comments:

Post a Comment